Saturday, December 27, 2008

Laura: Xmas is no time to diet

I went to a Christmas program recently, during which the choir sang a song about holiday eating called "Christmastime is no time to diet." That pretty much sums up the last month for me. All weightloss have been regained, fitness is at a pitiful low, and clothes are not looking so great on.

It's about time to start a new year with a new resolve for fitness and healthy eating. I'm doing the couch to 5k training program -- in theory, with Shannan and Loree. We'll see how that goes. AND, my dear husband bought me a bicycle trainer for our house for Christmas. Since I can't really get out to ride that much (because I'm a winter wuss), this is great for me.

Not really any excuses now, are there? Odds that I come up with excuses anyway? Pretty good. I'm working on it though.

UPDATE: Just finished a run, and I really don't like running that much. My husband swears it's because I'm not breathing right. May be true. I'll keep going though and see if I can push through over the next couple weeks.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I've never been a runner, but did the C25K program this past fall. It really does work - I ran a full 5K at the end! I still like having run more than running, but I'm working on that.

kevin said...

For an overall informative review of various pills used by people across the world to treat anxiety, erectile dysfunction, depression as well as to facilitate weight loss, just log in to the website http://www.pill-care.com. An entry to the pill-care zone would acquaint you with the manifold advantages of FDA approved pills for treating anxiety, erectile dysfunction et al and altogether this website would provide you details on how to opt for those pills as well as the correct procedure of administering these pills to your system.

Shannanb aka Mommy Bits said...

I can't believe you've started running already. I am starting this weekend.......

Sheralle said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Deborah

Term Life Insurance